Why use social media for Advertising?
Although a relatively new phenomenon, social media is rapidly turning into a vital part of the modern marketing mix. Speaking of the so called social media revolution, nowadays managing a flexible presence on each of the “BIG THREE” (Facebook, Twitter and Google+), has become a MUST for any marketer striving to bring his or her business up to speed. What better proof than 665 million of daily active users on Facebook and over 500 million registered accounts on Twitter? Lacking social profiles on platforms such as LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tumblr, Stumbleupon, and Reddit would be a strategic miss for those companies looking to reach greater exposure in the digital market.
Here are some quick facts showing the tremendous role of social media in today’s business world, as per the 201 Social Media Marketing Industry Report:
- A significant 86% of marketers said that social media was important to their businesses.
- By spending as little as 6 hours per week, 64%+ of marketers see lead generation benefits with social media.
- 75% of marketers reporting positive results in terms of traffic increase as one of the major benefits of social media.
- A significant 89% of all businesses that have a dedicated social media platform as part of their marketing strategy reported an increase in their market exposure.
- More than half of marketers who have used social media marketing for over 3 years reported an increase in sales over that period.
Now that we have understood the influence of social media on your target market, let’s discover the applied benefits it offers to your business.
1. Showcase Your Brand
Handling a strong social media presence is an efficient way to build your company’s reputation and showcase your business. By regularly updating your prospects on all the brand and social happenings, they subconsciously start to view your company as an authority. Once you define your business objective–whether creating brand awareness, relationship building ordriving new sales–you can work in parallel on all of them. It is just a question of how well you will manage to position your business on the major social media networks.
You might also like
5 social tips to try: agency dos and don'ts — Hotelier Middle East
.. to outsource your entire social media activities to an agency. Often, a hybrid approach is far more suitable.
What are dangers of social media?
Maybe the danger you will get in Social Media is "Identify Theft" so I suggest that be careful in sharing personal informations in whatever social media site you signed up. Do not add unknown people as you friends, they may be fake accounts and intended to get information about you. So, I highly recommend to set your profile as "Private".