Social media Consulting business
Social media is quickly becoming a vital part of online marketing activities for small businesses. The problem is that the services and techniques change frequently, and many small business owners simply don't have the time or the experience to keep up with it all.
If you are a social media specialist and love helping others create their own social media presence, then you may be an excellent fit for a social media consulting business.
Some of the potential benefits of starting a social media consulting business include:
- The growing popularity of social media websites will create more opportunities for this innovative skill.
- A minimum amount of equipment, training and investment is needed.
- Your business can be home-based.
- You can offer support across all of the most popular social media sites or focus on one and provide expert niche services.
- You can create ongoing opportunities by helping clients manage the day-to-day operations of their social media accounts.
Potential challenges of starting a social media consulting business include:
- Some companies might not understand the potential and power of social media, so you may have to include education in your sales pitch.
- It can take a great deal of time to gain the knowledge and experience needed to be successful.
- In this evolving field, you will have to be aware of the new technologies being created on a daily basis.
- You must be willing to learn the business of the company you will represent.
- A strong background in computers and marketing is usually required.
Social Media Etiquette for Business: 25 Do's & Don'ts — Business 2 Community
.. a bit more practice to fully understand. that's why I've put together 25 of the best do's and don'ts for small business social media.
Do small businesses really need a social media consultant?
If you have other things that you must do for your business and not enough time, or don't have the expertise to do it yourself, the help of a consultant might be good. It depends on your type of business and how much your customers are involved in social media.
For both my own business and the volunteer organizations I am with social media contacts are VITAL. But it really depends on what kind of business you are in.
I personally would do it myself, rather than hire someone. But not everyone can do that, I realize. If you can't do it yourself, and don't want to pay someone to do it, you…