Social media with business
Social media are internet services that let you interact with others and share and create content through online communities.
Social media present great marketing opportunities for businesses of all sizes. You can use social media to:
- promote the name of your brand and business
- tell customers about your goods and services
- find out what customers think of your business
- attract new customers
- build stronger relationships with existing customers.
Advantages of using social media
Social media marketing has many advantages:
- broad reach - social media can reach millions of people all around the world
- ability to target particular groups - many forms of social media (e.g. Facebook, Foursquare) allow businesses to target specific groups, often in particular locations
- free or low-cost - many forms of social media are free for business, and paid options are usually low-cost
- personal - social media allow you to communicate on a personal basis with individual customers and groups
- fast – you can quickly distribute information to many people
- easy - you don't need high-level skills or computer equipment to participate in social media. The average person with a standard computer should have no difficulty.
Risks of using social media
Of course, marketing through social media also has its risks. These include:
It's important to be aware of these risks and to have strategies in place to avoid them if you decide to get involved in social media marketing.
Key social media services
You might also like
Ferguson business owners take up guns after 'cops bail' and social media reacts — NEWS.com.au
Pictures of the tensions have been splashed across social media, with business owners now claiming they have been forced to defend their stores themselves after “gun shy” police have stopped confronting looters.